Blessings of Hope presents:
The Church Spirit Contest
Blessings of Hope serves a dire need in your central Pennsylvania community and beyond. The current public health emergency has increased demand on our facilities by over 400 percent.
The communities we serve need you – and your church’s congregation – now more than ever!
We’re inspired by the generous spirit in churches across country, and we want to help share your message through our Blessings of Hope Church Spirit contest.
Blessings of Hope Church Spirit Contest Participation
The contest runs from now until [February 28th, 2021]. Every week, the congregation with the most donations will win prizes to help the underserved and food insecure in their community, with grand prizes going to the three churches with the top donations at the end of the contest:
Weekly Prize:  Hands of Hope food boxes for distribution to those in need*!
1st place Grand Prize: 1,000 Hands of Hope boxes of food – a tractor trailer load – delivered to the location of your choosing anywhere in the country (i.e. the contiguous 48 states), including a visit from Aaron Fisher, the Founder of Blessings of Hope, to help distribute the boxes. In addition, 20 people from your congregation will be invited to the Blessings of Hope facility in Lancaster, PA for a special Amish-inspired meal*.
2nd place Grand Prize: 1,000 Hands of Hope boxes of food – a tractor trailer load – delivered to the location of your choosing anywhere in the country (i.e. the contiguous 48 states).
3rd place Grand Prize: 500 Hands of Hope boxes of food – a tractor trailer load – delivered to the location of your choosing anywhere in the country (i.e. the contiguous 48 states).
To make it easy for your church to explain the Blessings of Hope Church Spirit contest to your congregation, we’ve included the following folder of resources:
- A video that church leadership can show during your service’s offering to help your congregation learn about Blessings of Hope and our mission.
- A printable flyer (PDF) that your church leadership can distribute to your congregation that explains the donation process
- A form to place an order for printed postcards that your church can distribute to your congregation to help spread the word
- An instruction page for church leadership including a QR code that can be printed in your church bulletin for online donations
- distribute the URL for this page to your congregation for individual donations accepted any time
Ways your church can participate:
- Simply designate donations/envelopes given during a specific service’s offering to Blessings of Hope.*
- Distribute the URL for this page to your congregation for individual donations accepted any time day or night.
- Hold bake sales, bizarres and other events with proceeds going to Blessings of Hope.
Families just like yours need you. We know you care. We feed because we care. Help us to feed.
If using this form, please complete all fields below, and be sure to select your church’s congregation so they receive credit. Can your church help us meet our $500,000 goal? Let’s go BOH! We thank you and your entire church congregation for your blessings of hope!
*Weekly prizes of our Hands of Hope food boxes must be picked up at our facility located at 500 Becker Road, Leola, PA 17540. All travel and lodging expenses for 1st place grand prize winners related to the special meal must be borne by the individual and not paid or reimbursed by Blessings of Hope.