Reduce Food Waste and Combat Food Insecurity
Do you know of a company with food or household items on dock that can’t be sold due to mislabeling, surplus, date coding, etcetera? Are you trying to liquidate a certain product line or clean out a warehouse facility? Reduce food waste and combat food insecurity by donating to Blessings of Hope! This can also provide tax deductions and improve your bottom line. We accept items that are:
- Over Produced
- Over Shipped
- Misshapen or Unattractive
- Close to the Expiration Date
- In Damaged Boxes
- Any Other Reason That You Want to Donate It
- Our logistics team picks up your food donations throughout the Northeast, Southeast and the Midwest regions.
- Items are redistributed to hunger relief organizations who serve their local communities.
- Partnerships with over 1,100 nonprofit organizations that distribute food throughout the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Incoming food supply is cross-docked, stored for re-delivery, or sorted/packed into our Hands of Hope food boxes by over 12,000 volunteers.
- Zero food waste facility in PA and a Food Hub/DC in KY.
- All product is utilized, optimizing consumption & avoiding landfills.
- Leftover food is composted, returned to farms & gardens for quality produce.
- In 2020, Blessings of Hope distributed 67 million lbs of food/154,000 meals per day
- In 2021, 370,000 meals were sent to Texas for crisis relief (2 week timeframe)
- Future Growth- International Shipping, Food Processing , Additional Disaster Relief.
Let’s Get Started!
Call our dispatcher at 717-824-1227 (Ext. 102) or 717-466-1551.
Email us at email@example.com!
How Food Donation Benefits Your Organization
Donating food items to food banks can be very beneficial for your business. Here are just a few things that can happen when you partner with our food bank in Lancaster, PA.
Tax deductions for donating surplus food can often EXCEED the tax shield earned from liquidating or disposing of food products. In fact, some food donations are eligible for enhanced tax deductions, up to 15% of taxable income as outlined in 501(c)3 nonprofits, section 170(e)(3) of the U.S. Tax Code.
Make an Impact on Local Nonprofits
Your contributions are an investment in the prosperity of the community that surrounds your business. You can feel good knowing that your food donations made a big difference in the lives of local families.
Attract & Retain Staff
Many potential employees—particularly the Millennial generation—want to work for companies they can believe in. Your company’s efforts to give back to the community will inspire your current staff and help you attract new talent in the years ahead.
Improve Environmental Stewardship
Americans are more environmentally conscious than ever, actively seeking out companies that put sustainability and environmental stewardship at the core of their missions. Donating your surplus food expands your sustainability profile in the community by preventing unneeded waste from reaching our landfills.
Partner with Blessings of Hope, and let’s work together to improve food security for thousands of families across our community!
Call our dispatcher at 717-824-1227 (Ext. 102) or 717-466-1551. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
If you have any food to donate after hours (5:00 PM to 7:00 AM) and can’t get ahold of our dispatcher, you can call Aaron Fisher directly on his cell phone number at 717-725-0421.