We’re Always Looking for Volunteers
NOTICE: Everyone entering our building is subject to health screening at our health tent. At this point, we are asking that all volunteers arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time so we have time to health screen, everyone.
Until further notice, to limit the number of people in our building, we are asking that the minimum volunteer age be 10 years old.
Please check back frequently to our COVID-19 Response page for the most recent updates on how we are shifting our operational opportunities and strategies. Expect major changes in the next few days. I plan to post updates daily. Also, you may want to read the previous updates so you can stay updated on things as they progress.
We appreciate your understanding as we do what we need to do to stay operational in a safe manner.
What is Blessings of Hope doing to keep our volunteers safe during the COVID-19 Crisis?
- We have a health screening tent set up outside our building that is staffed by EMTs and other trained personnel to screen everyone coming into our building.
- Hand washing for everyone before starting to work.
- Everyone who volunteers wears gloves while handling food.
- Practice social distancing, try and keep 3-6 feet between yourself and others whenever possible.
- If you or anyone in your family living with you has experienced fever, coughing, or shortness of breath within the last 3 days you will be asked not to enter our building.
- We are working with Dr. Weinstein from WellSpan Health on how to conduct proper health safety practices.
At Blessings of Hope, we depend on the generosity and hard work of our volunteers to maximize the value of the food we provide to the community.
“Without our dedicated volunteers and generous donors, it would be hard to maximize the blessings that God pours out.”-David Lapp, CEO
Currently, we have over 3,800 registered volunteers, but we’re always looking for caring, hardworking individuals, families, businesses, or church groups to help us spread the gift of Hope in the form of food.
Blessings of Hope can use volunteers in the following areas:
- Repacking/re-bagging food
- Packing food boxes
- Truck and equipment maintenance
- Truck drivers (CDL and non-CDL)
- At our annual fundraiser events
- To help at outreaches (outreaches happen every week)
- To help stock shelves
If you are interested in volunteering, fill out the form, call 717-824-1227 ext. 104, or email email@example.com
Volunteer Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday – Arrive between 8:00 and 8:30 AM for the morning shift, 12:30 and 1:00 PM for the afternoon shift, and 6:00 and 6:30 for the evening shift.
Saturday – Arrive between 8:00 and 8:30 AM for the morning shift, 12:30 and 1:00 PM for the afternoon shift, – No volunteers on Saturday evenings.
Please schedule your volunteer times during the COVID-19 relief efforts by filling out the volunteer form on this page.
Call us to schedule a time to volunteer if you have more than five people or want to utilize your gifts in a specialized area – 717-824-1227